Denture Adjustments and Repairs Burbank, CA
From time to time, dentures need to be adjusted or repaired to ensure optimal comfort and effectiveness. Your mouth changes over time, and your dentures need to change with it. Denture adjustments and repairs can help make that possible. These involve corrections to dentures to fix issues with fit, comfort, and minor damage.
Denture adjustments and repairs are available at Media Center Dental in Burbank and the surrounding area. We help patients maintain their dentures and keep them as comfortable as possible. For help keeping your dentures in top shape, call (818) 473-1133 to schedule an appointment and learn what options are available to you.
The Denture Adjustment Process
Start by visiting our dental practitioner and describing where the dentures are loose or uncomfortable. The repair or adjustment process may take one or multiple appointments, depending on the situation. We may modify them during the appointment to closely conform to the grooves and contours of the mouth. For more substantial issues, we may need to keep the dentures for a few days. After examining the patient, our team can advise on what is necessary to adjust the dentures properly.
“We may be able to modify them during the appointment to closely conform to the grooves and contours of the mouth.”
Common Denture Repairs
Like natural teeth, dentures can be damaged in an accident or from sub-optimal oral care. Additionally, according to the American Dental Association, dentures typically last five to 10 years. Towards the end of this period, they are more susceptible to damage.
Common repairs include fixing cracks in the base and replacing or fixing teeth. In some cases, more significant repairs are needed, such as when the base completely cracks. It is best to address any signs of damage promptly as they will likely become worse with time.
“Common repairs include fixing cracks in the base and replacing or fixing teeth.”
Signs That Denture Adjustments and Repairs Are Needed
Paying attention to signs of damage or poor fit can help keep dentures in good condition longer. Schedule an appointment with our dentist for denture adjustments and repairs upon noticing any problems. These are some signs that a dentist appointment may be needed:
- Damaged Teeth. If there are any visible signs of damage to the teeth, schedule an appointment. Damage is often caused by accidents such as dropping the dentures. Eating while the dentures are loose may also initiate problems.
- Damaged Base. Watch for any cracks or chips in the base. Visit our practice even for small cracks. If left unchecked, a crack can cause significant damage that may require a major repair or replacement.
- Loose Dentures. Poorly fitting dentures may need adjustment. A poor fit can be uncomfortable and may lead to damage. This is common after first receiving dentures.
- Discomfort. Dentures should sit in your mouth comfortably as you talk, smile, and eat. See our dentist for an adjustment in the event of discomfort or pressure sores. It is common to need one or more adjustments on a new set of dentures.
“Visit the dentist for denture adjustments and repairs upon noticing any problems.”
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Denture Adjustments and Repairs in Burbank, CA
How to Deal With Denture Stains
Dentures can become stained, much like natural teeth. Stains appear as discoloration on the teeth, especially near the base of the dentures. Use a cleaning solution at home to help avoid discoloration. According to the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario, dentures can be professionally polished in a dentist’s office in a few minutes.
“According to the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario, dentures can be professionally polished in a dentist’s office in a few minutes.”
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. What can a dentist do for me during denture adjustments?
Q. What are the most common denture repairs?
Q. How do I know if I need denture adjustments or repairs?
Q. What can I do about denture stains?
Q. What are the benefits of denture adjustments and repairs?
People Also Ask
Q. What should new denture wearers expect during the first 30 days?
Q. How do I clean my dentures?
The Benefits of Denture Adjustments and Repairs
Seeing the dentist for denture adjustments and repairs will help keep them in good condition and make them more comfortable. Our team can direct you to the necessary procedures to fix damaged or poorly fitting dentures. These are a few of the benefits of denture adjustments and repairs:
- Avoid Expensive Issues. A trained professional can repair minor damage easily. However, ignoring an issue may lead to more significant problems. This may mean a major repair or replacing the dentures.
- Enjoy Comfortable Dentures. Dentures should sit comfortably in the mouth. Poorly fitting dentures can put undue pressure on the gums and cause discomfort. An adjustment can often fix these issues.
- Maintain Better Oral Health. Loose dentures may cause sores in the mouth. Also, they make maintaining good oral hygiene harder. Denture adjustments and repairs are part of good oral health.
“Seeing the dentist for denture adjustments and repairs will help keep them in good condition and make them more comfortable.”
Frequently Asked Questions About Denture Adjustments and Repairs
Q. How often are denture adjustments and repairs necessary?
A. Typically, new dentures need one or more adjustments. In most cases, they are rarely needed after that provided one practices good denture care. However, most patients require some form of modification over the lifespan of a set of dentures.
Q. How can individuals avoid needing denture adjustments and repairs?
A. An effective way to avoid adjustments or repairs is to follow the dentist’s instructions for care. Soaking dentures at night helps keep them in good condition. Promptly contacting us about problems can avoid the need for more major repairs.
Q. Can wearers perform their own denture adjustments and repairs?
A. No, never perform adjustments or repairs at home. According to WebMD, using do-it-yourself kits can cause irreparable damage to dentures. Leave adjustments and repairs to the professionals.
Q. How do patients know whether they need denture adjustments and repairs or a replacement?
A. Usually, dentures can be adjusted or repaired if there are fit issues or minor damage. Our dentist will advise whether a replacement is needed. Typically, dentures last at least five years before needing replacement.
Q. Will denture adjustments and repairs affect speech or eating?
A. Modifying dentures can cause minor speech and eating issues. However, these will go away with a little practice. Properly-fitting and well-maintained dentures become more comfortable to eat and speak with over time.
Q. Where are denture adjustments and repairs available?
A. If you live in Burbank or the surrounding area, Media Center Dental can help. Call to set an appointment to discuss adjustments and repairs. Our team can assess your situation and help you determine the treatment needed.
Quality Dental Services Can Transform Your Smile
By visiting us as soon as possible, our team can help get you the professional treatment you need. Instead of waiting around and allowing the symptoms to get worse, we can provide you with treatment options.
- Alveolar Bone
- The alveolar bone is the bone surrounding the root of the tooth that keeps the tooth in place.
- Denture Base
- The denture base is the part of the denture that connects the artificial teeth with the soft tissue of the gums.
- Oral Hygiene
- Oral hygiene is the practice of maintaining the cleanliness of the mouth, teeth, and gums through brushing, flossing, and regular dental appointments.
- Reline is when a professional resurfaces the surface of the prosthesis with a new base material.
Learn More About Denture Adjustments and Repairs
Denture adjustments and repairs can help many patients with their replacement teeth. Our practitioners are happy to discuss what modifications may be necessary for your dentures. Call Media Center Dental at (818) 473-1133 to set up an appointment and learn more.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Clinical Terms. 2021
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2021
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2021
About our business, license, and website security
- Media Center Dental was established in 1998.
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Los Angeles County, Ventura County and Orange County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Burbank, Pasadena, Glendale, Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Hollywood, West Hollywood, Studio City and Toluca Lake
- CA (License #32241). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1386041036). View NPI Registry Information
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
What Makes Dentures Vulnerable To Breaking
Dentures are a great option to replace missing teeth, but they have flaws. One of the most common complaints from wearers is that these teeth break easily. The question is, why? Several factors can lead to your false teeth breaking, and this article will explain to them so you know how to keep them intact.Dentures…
Choosing The Right Implant Dentist
The implant dentist you choose can have a major impact on your overall experience and the long-term results of your dental implant procedure. Every implant dentist has a unique process and a different experience level and finding one that meets your specific needs and preferences can help make the process much more convenient.By putting in…
Why An Experienced Implant Dentist Wants You To Care For Your Dental Implants
Talk to an experienced implant dentist and they will tell you how important it is to take good care of your dental implants. Implants are a great solution for anyone who has lost one or more teeth, and they can last an entire lifetime with good oral hygiene.Most people are glad to find out that…
How To Find An Experienced Implant Dentist
Looking for an implant dentist? If you are nervous about getting dental implants to replace one or more missing teeth, then one way to minimize your stress and anxiety is to find an experienced implant dentist that you can trust. There are several effective tips and strategies for ensuring you are able to find the…